You’d be surprised at how much experience does count toward your application. You’ll need a reference in case you’re audited, but the work you do does count if:
- It is leading and directing work (supporting work is not leading)
- The work is unique (requires its own plan) and is time-bound (Specific start and end).
- You don’t have to have the ‘Project Manager’ job title
- You don’t have to be the assigned Project Manager
- You do have to have done the work yourself.
These are the major ‘gotchas’ you can look out for. Please ask more specific questions if you need further direction.